About the Sixth Form
The Sixth Form at Ridgeway is a vibrant community of students and teachers who are committed to achieving excellence in everything they do.
Sixth Form is a part of a students 7 year journey to provide them with opportunities and experiences. We aim to help students to successfully complete their formal education before moving on to university, apprenticeships or work.
We are part of the Welwyn and Hatfield consortium, information regarding this can be found here:
We have a reputation as a caring, nurturing and successful Post 16 community.
Building on the values of the whole school, Respect, Responsibility and Relationships, every student develops their individual character, respect for others in addition to receiving excellence in learning.
What makes a successful Sixth form student?
- Attendance = 98%+
- Use of study sessions and completion of homework /prep
- Being organised in terms of time
- Ensure a weekly work plan is established
- Completing any coursework to the highest possible standards
- Asking for advice/help and acting upon it
- Communication with parents and tutors
- Display FORCE qualities (Focus, optimism, Resilience, creativity and energy)
Support for Sixth Form Students
- Regular assessments
- Detailed assessment/feedback
- Parental consultation evenings
- Academic mentoring through the tutor team
- Supervised study
- Career and higher education guidance
- UCAS and Apprenticeships support and guidance
Year 11 into Year 12 Bridging Work
We have put together a few simple tasks for you to complete over the next few weeks when you have an abundance of time to indulge your brains in intellectual stimulation for its own sake. Please see documents below:
Please click here for link to Welwyn & Hatfield Consortium Induction Packs