Personal Development Education
Personal Development is a new subject area that starts in the curriculum in September 2020
Students will get receive Personal Development education in 3 areas:
- Tutor time
- Personal Development wellbeing lessons
- Personal Development RSE lessons
The Personal Development curriculum intent is to ensure that every student leaves Ridgeway Academy with:
- the character and values to become a responsible, caring citizen who is supportive of all others in the community.
- the knowledge of how to build, create and sustain meaningful relationships that lead to social fulfilment.
- the ability to pursue further study or employment in a way that is informed and leads to professional success.
- the understanding of how to live in a healthy way that promotes safety and happiness.