Safeguarding young people is of paramount importance and is firmly part of the culture of Ridgeway Academy.
All decisions taken by the school are done so following statutory guidance to ensure that we help and contribute to keeping young people safe,
At Ridgeway Academy we are committed to:
- Providing a safe environment for all students.
- Identifying children and young people who are suffering or likely to suffer significant harm at the earliest stage.
- Taking swift and appropriate action when required.
- Having open and transparent channels of communication with young people, families and external agencies.
- Working in collaboration with families and external agencies to ensure that all young people are able to flourish.
Categories of concern:
- Physical harm
- Emotional harm
- Sexual Harm
What to look out for:
- Physical signs
- Sudden changes in a child’s behaviour
- Poor presentation
- Signs of emotional distress
- Negative influence of peers
- Coercive behaviour
Remember, harm to a child can be caused by:
- A parent/carer
- A family member/friend
- Another child
- A stranger
- A member of staff/volunteer
Please do not dismiss your concerns, you MUST report them.
It is vital that all concerns for student welfare or safety are reported to the school immediately. Please see the contacts below:
If you think a child is at immediate risk you should call 999 immediately and report your concerns.
What should I do if the alleged abuser is a member of the school staff?
If your concern is about a staff member or volunteer, you should report this to the Headteacher. If your concern is about the Headteacher, you should report such allegations to the Chair of Governors.
Contact our DSP at: Steve.Booth@ridgeway.herts.sch.uk
Our Chair of Governors is: Mrs Anne Garland
Contact via the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents and students can access information and website links about how to protect young people online by clicking on the relevant links below:
Please click here to access the school Safeguarding policy.