Exams Office – Contact : Ms A Smith
January 2021 Exams Timetable – Year 13 Mocks & Year 10/12/13 External Vocational Exams
Joint Council for Qualifications – Information for Candidates booklets
- where the JCQ document states that students should be 10 minutes early for exams, at Ridgeway Academy, we expect you to be at least 15 minutes early for your exam.
- where the JCQ document states that students who arrive late to the exam should report to the invigilator, at Ridgeway Academy, we ask that you go to Student Services and not the exam venue.
Exam Access Arrangements Policy December 2020
Exam Do’s and Don’ts
Be on time – arrive at the venue at least 15 minutes prior to the start time on your exam timetable. Morning sessions start at 8.45am and afternoon sessions start at 1.30pm.
- Exam seating arrangements are displayed outside Osborn Hall.
- If you are late to school, you MUST report to Student Services – do not go directly to the venue. We need to know that you have arrived at school and we may need to put you in a different venue to the one which you were originally allocated.
- Make sure that you have all of your equipment in a clear pencil case or a clear plastic bag:
- black biros – no other colour may be used and no gel pens
- calculator, if permitted for the exam (no lid)
- You may take water into the Exam room; it must be in a clear plastic bottle with the label removed.
- No food is allowed.
- No tissues are allowed; the invigilator has a supply and will give some to you upon request.
- Mobile phones and any items that can store data or connect to the internet must be left either in your bag/locker or be switched off and left in the storage box at the front of the venue.
- You must completely empty all of your pockets. You must not write on your hands either before or during the exam. Any unauthorised items/writing will have to be reported to the Exam Board and you risk being disqualified.
- Once in the exam venue, you must not talk or distract another candidate. If you want to ask a question, raise your hand and wait for the invigilator.
- You must listen to all of the instructions given by the invigilator. Do not start to write anything on your paper, including your personal details, until you are instructed to.
- You are not allowed to leave the exam room before the end of the exam, so please do not ask to.
- The invigilator will tell you when the exam has finished. You must stop writing immediately – even if you are mid-sentence – or this will need to be reported to the exam board as malpractice.
- The invigilator will allow you to leave the exam room row by row. You must leave the room in silence as some students may still be completing their exam. Once you have left the exam room, you are not permitted to return, so make sure you take everything with you. If you do forget an item, you must wait outside quietly until all exams are finished and you can then talk to the invigilator.
If you have a query regarding your examination, please speak to the Exams Officer.