Sport is a vital and exciting part of life at Ridgeway Academy. We believe it is essential in nurturing skills, confidence and a lifelong love of sporting activities.
Key Stage 3
All students receive two one hour lessons a week. Throughout the year all students will experience a wide range of physical activities. students follow courses in various activities such as athletics, football, dance, gymnastics, trampolining, basketball, rugby, hockey, netball, tennis, cricket, rounders, badminton, volleyball and health related fitness.
These activities are taught in single sex classes where students follow a programme of study that aims to develop both fitness and skill level for all. Examples of rotations that a student would expect to study can be seen below:
Ridgeway Academy has excellent sporting facilities:
- Sports hall (4 badminton size junkers sprung flooring).
- 3 x 53.8 Floodlit all weather pitch.
- Extensive playing fields comprising of 5 football, 3 7-a-side and 1 rugby pitch.
- 1 cricket square and 1 full size athletics track.
- Refurbished gymnasium and changing rooms.
- 2 air-conditioned dance studios.
- Health and fitness suite.
- 2 classrooms for exam subjects.
- 3 tennis courts.
- 2 halls suitable for badminton and volleyball.
As a thriving community school, the existing PE facilities are used daily by our primary feeder schools, the local community and various community groups.
PE Department Summer Term Club List 2021
Department Social Media
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/ridgewaypedept/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/RidgewayPEDept/